PDA

View Full Version : miller pipe pro 350

ole welder
04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Must say I love my new miller pipe pro.

Big Stick
04-30-2012, 10:25 PM
your apt to get hammered by the lincoln guys for that . lol...
but i sure love mine too lol...

build it
04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Hell the money you make don't care if you used a Lincoln ,Miller, Hobart to make it, just make it....... LOL. One of my ex high-school students bought a Hobart champion 16 on Craigslist on Friday, he was happy as hell with it, he said his neighbor already wants him to do work for him, I got a sa 200 , but I learned with a 225 Miller Wildcat ........ kinda wish I had one now ..... I've heard good things about those pipe pro's

faromeo@rcn.com
05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Love mine to, sweet!:D

JORIAN
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I got a bob cat and a sa200 love them both for different reasons and I charge the same dollar per hour on em.
Sa200 x ray quality pipe welding all day every day
Miller bob cat will power my house after a ice storm knocks the power out and I don't have to worry if the tool has to be dc 120v

Men, quit fighting about what is better and get one of each and injoy the benefits

Step dad is a black smith by hobby. now you can heat that metal with a coal forge or a propain or natural Gas forge. But I don't think it know's how it got hot when the hammer falls

Bigpipewelder
05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I Have an SA200 and a BB300pro, I like both of them !!:D

faromeo@rcn.com
05-01-2012, 05:46 PM
I got a bob cat and a sa200 love them both for different reasons and I charge the same dollar per hour on em.
Sa200 x ray quality pipe welding all day every day
Miller bob cat will power my house after a ice storm knocks the power out and I don't have to worry if the tool has to be dc 120v

Men, quit fighting about what is better and get one of each and injoy the benefits

Step dad is a black smith by hobby. now you can heat that metal with a coal forge or a propain or natural Gas forge. But I don't think it know's how it got hot when the hammer falls

Excuse me but wtf, neither are a pipe pro!

Bigpipewelder
05-02-2012, 06:15 AM
I have the BB300pro, It and the 304 and 350 are all in the same family of miller machines I like mine, its made alot of money. I have used the 304 but not the 350. how is that machine ? pretty nice ? someone told me that you could plug that machine into 3phase and run it of electric is that true or were they just blowing smoke ?:cool:

faromeo@rcn.com
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I have the BB300pro, It and the 304 and 350 are all in the same family of miller machines I like mine, its made alot of money. I have used the 304 but not the 350. how is that machine ? pretty nice ? someone told me that you could plug that machine into 3phase and run it of electric is that true or were they just blowing smoke ?:cool:

The 350 is very smooth, the more I weld with it the more it puts a smile on my face. Just set it and forget it....They are blowing smoke, hell no 3 phase will not run a 350

Bigpipewelder
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks Faromeo, I will have to check out the 350 when I get a chance.

AK-rodburner
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
The dual power selection was an option for the pipe pro 304. I have used this option on a building and trades job before. It was sweet the general contractor got supply the power so no fuel bill for me. I have check with miller and they no longer offer the dual power selection on any model, so sad.

Bigpipewelder
05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
So the guy that told me about it had not completly lost his mind, he just had the wrong model.:eek:

jpburner
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Mine is nice. Personally wish i woulda sprung fur the cat motor. I gotta mitsu motor. Thing I love is the wireless controller. No ditch box cords to trip over. Just a pocket remote. Not sore how it would work w multiple remote in same area. Real easy on fuel. Not real forgiving on settings but once u gotr dialed in she welds real purdy.

Billy Thunder
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Mine is nice. Personally wish i woulda sprung fur the cat motor. I gotta mitsu motor. Thing I love is the wireless controller. No ditch box cords to trip over. Just a pocket remote. Not sore how it would work w multiple remote in same area. Real easy on fuel. Not real forgiving on settings but once u gotr dialed in she welds real purdy.

Why the cat motor? Does it run a good bead? Does it have any kind of arc control settings? Been wanting to weld with one! Heard they welded real good.

faromeo@rcn.com
07-07-2012, 05:00 AM

Yes why the cat motor, the Mitsubishi motor is bullet proof, as for the remote , all signals are different, will work fine with multiple remotes.i also have the wireless remote. It needs to be tougher , seems like I always get scatter on it. This is my second remote, first one was taken out with a pipe wrech by a dumb ass helper. What do you mean by " not real forgiving on settings" just read the puddle not the dial.

pipepro
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes why the cat motor, the Mitsubishi motor is bullet proof, as for the remote , all signals are different, will work fine with multiple remotes.i also have the wireless remote. It needs to be tougher , seems like I always get scatter on it. This is my second remote, first one was taken out with a pipe wrech by a dumb ass helper. What do you mean by " not real forgiving on settings" just read the puddle not the dial.

Did Miller make you buy the whole thing or were you able to replace just the remote and not the receiver?

I pondered this exact scenario. Guess I should call Miller and find out.

jpburner
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Cat motor is US made, have Cat motors in my equip and bucket trucks, so thats my preference. I agree that the remotes need to be tougher. Settings wise I mean its not just set it and forget it. U have to get acclimated fur diff work and fudge ur settings but once u got her in the sweet spot shes good.

faromeo@rcn.com
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Did Miller make you buy the whole thing or were you able to replace just the remote and not the receiver?

I pondered this exact scenario. Guess I should call Miller and find out.

Well the contractor had to pick up the tab , you need both remote and receiver. How many hrs. On your machine?

faromeo@rcn.com
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Cat motor is US made, have Cat motors in my equip and bucket trucks, so thats my preference. I agree that the remotes need to be tougher. Settings wise I mean its not just set it and forget it. U have to get acclimated fur diff work and fudge ur settings but once u got her in the sweet spot shes good.

Well once you get use to heat range, I just set it and it does not change in any temp, morning to night . So yes set it and forget it.

pipepro
07-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Well the contractor had to pick up the tab , you need both remote and receiver. How many hrs. On your machine?

Mine is almost new still, Only a little over 200 hours.

spankyspanko
04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Where are you guys running your dig on the cap?

Frosted Flakes
04-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Okay.....ya all are saying your liking the 350, but how does it compare to the old 304? I am suppose to be getting a new rig and it will be coming with a 350. I begged and pleaded not to give up my 304, but was told to fuck off! The company will get more at the auction for the truck if it has the welder on it. So, it sucks to be me! :p

New truck and welder, not really all that happy, but it will be kinda nice to have a new truck.:rolleyes:

WELDO
04-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Are you fucking kidding us here Randy! You premadonna prick! Go fuck yourself!!! LMAO