PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Racks

Dark Angel
03-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Howdy all, well I need to build some new bottle racks (oxygen) and am not sure how I want to go about it so I was looking for ideas on how I should do them. If anyone has some ideas for me I would love to hear them and if you have some pics and dimensions that would be great as well. So thanks for any help that may be given.

azrig
03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
do yourself a favor and stand your oxygen up. There will always be someone that tells you its ok for them to be on theyre sides, but if theyre standing up, theres no problems from dot, osha, msha or any other asshole trying to stick it up your ass.

Brent06
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Standing up certainly makes it easier to load if ya got a tank box on a flat bed, get a little tall in a pick up box. If ya lay the oxygen down do your self a favor and run a pc. of 4" channel between each hold down ring otherwise they are a bear to slide in and hit the second clamp ring with out picking up in the middle. Run them DOT caps if ya running the states. Good luck

Huckxc
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
All O/A bottles are not the same. The top hole isn't a big deal, the bottom hole is. 9"1/2 to 9"3/4 is what I ended up with.

http://www.rigwelder.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=465