Rig Welder Forums

Rig Welder Forums (http://www.rigwelder.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rigwelder.com Community Support (http://www.rigwelder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New Jack from North texas (http://www.rigwelder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4321)

hungryhand 12-30-2016 12:34 PM

New Jack from North texas

Hello all, new to forum and a complete idiot on computers. Gonna give this a shot to do some networking. Thanks for having me. I may ask completely stupid questions about the whole computer thing... I hate them so I avoid them.

WELDO 12-30-2016 07:45 PM

Re: New Jack from North texas

Quote:

Originally Posted by hungryhand (Post 38688)
Hello all, new to forum and a complete idiot on computers. Gonna give this a shot to do some networking. Thanks for having me. I may ask completely stupid questions about the whole computer thing... I hate them so I avoid them.

Welcome to RIGWELDER Forum! I'm a little confused here with your post as this is not a computer forum and no one cares how good anyone is on a computer.

hungryhand 12-31-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WELDO (Post 38689)
Welcome to RIGWELDER Forum! I'm a little confused here with your post as this is not a computer forum and no one cares how good anyone is on a computer.

Thanks for the welcome...sorry about the computer rant. Basically what I was getting at is I hope to be posting threads the right way and in the right locations. I have never been a part of a forum so if I do something wrong, please....line me up. I assume there is like in most anything some politics involved with forum-ing. I hope this clears up that. On RIgwelder topic, I am hoping to meet people in the welding world, gain knowledge, and be a part of this forum, typically when I am having trouble with something..machine problems, welding issues and so on, I do a little research and end up on here reading through threads to at least get pointed in the right direction, so I figured it would be a good idea to join as it seems there are a lot of knowledgeable and seasoned vets on this site. I am young in my career and looking to further it but do not know many people personally that weld, so this hopefully will be a good way to meet some people and get out there.

speedy 12-31-2016 11:21 AM

Welcome Hungryhand!

Don't worry about asking a question in the wrong spot, the titles are self explanatory and we are all here to help. There is a wealth of information hidden in this site. Take a few minutes and dig through the old post you will be amazed of all the knowledge that is hidden there. Oh by the way…. If you ask a dumb question and get blasted out of the water. It can all be fixed with Beer Barbeque and whiskey ;)

hungryhand 01-03-2017 11:04 PM

Thanks SPEEDY, I love beer, bbq and I fuuuuuckin love me some whiskey, so maybe I'll ask a dumb question or two so I can share.. as a new member I been doing what most all suggest I have been on the forum in free time reading, reading, and trying to figure it out ... pretty straight forward, one thing I notice there seems to not be a lot of members on. I get work and all but is that common? Usually I see lil 1-3 members and like 65-100 guests. also can you tell me when I go to a topic say general discussions, it brings up a list of threads, if I hit "thread" at the top It takes me to another place... where is it going to? Ultimately I am here to learn, meet some folks, and hopefully maybe find some work as a helper hand, but I want to do my part first (figuring shit out) and not be the twirp that members up and starts begging... Thanks...