Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 03-27-2016, 06:13 AM

Downhill pipeline & station rigwelding outlook

What yalls opinion. I see good for some this season...just too many rigs after the same work. After that who knows...
Old 03-27-2016, 07:22 AM

Re: Downhill pipeline & station rigwelding outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
What yalls opinion. I see good for some this season...just too many rigs after the same work. After that who knows...
Yea lets hope so Charlie. We have some big project's on the board here but the permitting game has everything moving at a crawl. PSEG has almost a billion dollars worth of future replacement projects throughout the state. Williams/Transco has projects in the works along with South Jersey Gas and others. SJG has a 22 mile of 24" to refuel a power plant that should be kicking off here in the third quarter of the year. Tree huggers are the bigest hold up but I think that goes for alot of the country anymore
Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 AM

Unfortunately all it takes is just one of those "tree huggers" to voice a complaint to bring everything to a halt.

Reminds me of an "endangered" species of owl in Oregon (maybe Washington state?) that a group managed to stop logging in an area years ago due to a pair of owls that had a nest in the subject forest. Shortly after the group managed to get a cease logging order for the area, the owls relocated out of the region on their own.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:09 AM

LMAO Duane....remember that picture of a log hauling trailer in Newsweek with a bumper sticker that said spotted owl motorhome. Sierra Clubs cried a river. Here in SE OH theres a bat that camos itself on hickory trees holdin up pipelines
Old 03-28-2016, 09:54 PM

From the contacts I have been staying in touch with for the OH,WV,PA area there's a little bit a work trickling in here and there some little bits starting up for markwest in cadiz area, a lot of bigger long term aren't kickin off till probably 3rd quarter of this year.

At least that's what I've been hearin as of last week, I'm sure it has changed 3x's since then, eventually the projects that some have been delaying are goin to have to been done if they want to or not since contracts will begin to expire.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 PM

We have to worry about the lesser prarie chicken. If you work in an area know for breeding, you can't start work till a certain time, and then you have a shut down time.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:30 PM

Not a rig welder, but I've noticed a lot more traffic in central wv. Deep well has been moving stuff every day it seems like. On the other hand, haven't heard much of dominions big line coming out of Harrison County in a while. Hopefully it picks up for everyone.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:34 PM

Hopefully with the new LNG export terminals in the works, something will come about after they're all approved. Ive got my eye on the Haynesville Shale North La area
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 PM

We've been covered up by ConocoPhilips. Building drips and setting compressors on small gas wells. Seen a lot of rigs over by Greensburg Kansas back in December, and been seeing more around town. Not sure if they're locals out work or if something is going on around here.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
More of the same in 2017. IMO we are deep into a long overdue correction back to a sustainable normal. Some will prosper...most will fail in the long run. Right place at the right time, passing tests & xrays will make the difference as always.
Do youuns agree?