Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 02-20-2016, 05:36 AM

Re: Union questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's Welding View Post
Would like to find some trash to steam plants, was up in New York at one doing crane rail sucks bfi waste management forget who Connecticut wasn't to far off, kind of a cool place on the river.
Hey Mark there is one at the base of the Walt Whitmann bridge on the beautifull Delaware river in Filthydelphia. I know a guy that worked there says there always hiring and pay well
Old 02-20-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's Welding View Post
Would like to find some trash to steam plants, was up in New York at one doing crane rail sucks bfi waste management forget who Connecticut wasn't to far off, kind of a cool place on the river.
Search CBI/Shaw Group New Concord, Ohio...They look busy as hell. IDK if they still hire rig weldors but the original company had sent me nearly everywhere in the northern USA making final fuel gas tie ins for landfill methane utilization. I just got tired of driving and stopped returning thier calls.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 PM

I hadn't thought of all that pipe work at old dumps. I suppose sections of new dumps also. We have a large " hill "on the edge of downtown with spiderwebs of pipe and dozens of wells all over it. That hill was the main city dump until the 1950s or 1960s.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 AM

Location: Lower Saucon Hellertown PA (Behind the once famous Bethlehem Steel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WELDO View Post
Hey Mark there is one at the base of the Walt Whitmann bridge on the beautifull Delaware river in Filthydelphia. I know a guy that worked there says there always hiring and pay well
Thank's Weldo, heard there was something around philly didn't know where.
That might work, somewhat close enough, see if you can get the name of the place.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM

Location: Lower Saucon Hellertown PA (Behind the once famous Bethlehem Steel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Search CBI/Shaw Group New Concord, Ohio...They look busy as hell. IDK if they still hire rig weldors but the original company had sent me nearly everywhere in the northern USA making final fuel gas tie ins for landfill methane utilization. I just got tired of driving and stopped returning thier calls.
CBI did the power plant on Apple butter rd across the way from me, bunch of pipe fitters from Texas came up to do it, then they hired my next door neighbor out of the iron workers union hall 36 to run the high reach for them because they weren't cleared for it said it was the easiest best paying job he had take um where he want's to go and watch him, maybe chip some slag from boredom.

Thanks I'll look um up.