Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 03-14-2016, 08:08 PM

Re: what helper bags is everyone using

Timbrens............Just like what large trucks and buses use. Now I am only on springs with a heavier rated truck.

Besides, I would never bend over to air up anything in Vernal UT. I might wind up forcibly losing my backside virginity up there. Sheep troll the truck stops looking for action around those parts.

Last edited by Xpertfab; 03-14-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpertfab View Post
Timbrens............Just like what large trucks and buses use. Now I am only on springs with a heavier rated truck.

Besides, I would never bend over to air up anything in Vernal UT. I might wind up forcibly losing my backside virginity up there. Sheep troll the truck stops looking for action around those parts.
whaaaaa? last time I was there I never seen so many friendly gorgeous broads behind every single register every where in that town and walking around (Shock n Awe), looking to hook up with us rig-welders. Reminded me of the Southern Coast of Mississippi, or the great state of West Virginia, and Michigan.

That bad ass job puling 14's 6 days a week, wasn't much time to mess around. But I did go to a few bars, where they make you join for a fee just to enter. Always the bouncer remark, watch out for them pretty ladies. They all have 5 boyfriends and they will hook up with you, but by the time you leave the parking lot you will get the shit kicked out of you and shit ripped.

After 38 years of welding and 15 years of that playing in an rock n roll road band abroad here and there during slow times. You learn what not to do.

I know....off topic LMAO

Last edited by pipewelder_guy; 03-16-2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:26 PM

Timbrens zero maintenance nice ride. The contractor I do a lot of work for uses airbags since they have switched a many of their 3,4, or 550s 5500s to 3/4 tons and utility trailers(DOT regs fuel savings etc.) The two biggest issues are the airbags and trailer lights not working.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipewelder_guy View Post
whaaaaa? last time I was there I never seen so many friendly gorgeous broads behind every single register every where in that town and walking around (Shock n Awe), looking to hook up with us rig-welders. Reminded me of the Southern Coast of Mississippi, or the great state of West Virginia, and Michigan.

That bad ass job puling 14's 6 days a week, wasn't much time to mess around. But I did go to a few bars, where they make you join for a fee just to enter. Always the bouncer remark, watch out for them pretty ladies. They all have 5 boyfriends and they will hook up with you, but by the time you leave the parking lot you will get the shit kicked out of you and shit ripped.

After 38 years of welding and 15 years of that playing in an rock n roll road band abroad here and there during slow times. You learn what not to do.

I know....off topic LMAO
Was up that way two weeks ago PWG and I got to tell ya I could not drink enough to make the girls there now look pretty. Different times.......Different times for sure!

The two hot ones I was were well rehearsed baby momma types who were looking at a couple of the rig welder young guys I was with like they were a pair of broke dick good for nothings.

Whole week up there saw nothing that stirred me to even want to poke. A guy might have to roll the local nursing home to make things happen for him without complications up and around those parts.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpertfab View Post
Different times.......Different times for sure!
yea, for sure. Times have greatly changed, that place is BK.

Last edited by pipewelder_guy; 03-16-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipewelder_guy View Post
yea, for sure. Times have greatly changed, that place is BK.
Are you sure now PWG youzall weren't drinking at a bar NEXT door too the nursing home ?
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WELDO View Post
Are you sure now PWG youzall weren't drinking at a bar NEXT door too the nursing home ?
Off Topic:
Not Me?
BTW, don't let air rule your ride.....you will regret it one day, upgrade your springs. Too EZ!!!!!!

Last edited by pipewelder_guy; 03-17-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:12 AM

I've got FireStone airbags. Not sure what my boss had, but his kept popping. He finally pulled them off and went with extra leafs. I don't have a compressor, just two spots at the back to add air.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:06 PM

I put heavier springs on the truck and also have bags but their only used when I pull my 5th wheel .
Old 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM

Old forum but i thought id comment.

I have used the AIRLIFT brand shocks on a couple trucks. Just like everyone else said...

they work really well when they are working, but have a tendency to get beat up and fail. (especially in the cold weather) the fill lines split, or the fittings leak.

The new airlifts have a "jounce bumper" inside and can be run with no air pressure. I have never used them, but to me it seems like if one side failed you could let the air out of the other side and be back to your leaf springs.

AIRLIFT is incredibly good about customer service and has "quick shipped" me parts many times for free.

Best bet is to go get some extra leafs and use a "truck drivers seat pad."
if you are dead set on using air bags, by all means use them they make for a nice ride. but DO NOT rely on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb-ultimate-11.jpg (68.7 KB, 1 views)