Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 10-23-2016, 09:15 AM

Re: What's up Everyone ?

From what I'm reading on here and seeing out west, we might be having work coming out ours ears these next few years.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:52 AM

Trying to get my house finished before the kid comes, fab shop still mostly.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:08 PM

I'm alive & well. Content with the steady close to home short term stick weldor calls from the hall. Rig welding doesn't appeal to me much anymore. This is too easy lol

Last edited by Charlie; 11-05-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:59 PM

Been staying hooked up on small vacuum compressors. Usually 2 drips 2 or 3 days of prefab, set of wind walls and 1 day of tie ins. Just picked up a little DCP work too.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:58 AM

Been steadily chipping away doing plant work, i have about two weeks left, then it's ship repair for the winter.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:01 PM

Well I know I'm new here, but I've been just doing odd jobs ( I'm a full time grapple truck driver ) I've redone commercial mower decks , fixed soccer goals, trailer repairs, and redid dump truck rear pins , and got couple of other things for next week.. Pretty decent work down here in south Florida .. ( Naples to be exact )
Old 11-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Stuffing piperacks in laurel, mt. Hopefully take some work from the non union guys on site and pick some more work up for jhkelly. Hearing a mild hydrocracker could be built here in the next year or two. Might go to Alaska for pipeline season this winter of I get a call. Still trying to get a foot in the door for union rig welding work.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:32 AM

Location: Lower Saucon Hellertown PA (Behind the once famous Bethlehem Steel)

Did some work in north jersey yesterday, someone's building an old folks home up in Lovingston, think I was 1 of possibly 4-5 white guys there. All Spanish, no not prejudice just furious. Made a deal with man on the phone told him what I get got there 300ft of cable not long enough so I said hey take all these pcs and put them together the way you need and I'll just do THM on the back of my truck and you can just keep on going in here. Kind of a joke I though after words.
All new gas line pipe in building, it went in off 4" main, to 10" then varied thruout the building and I got some 4"-1" and bells and elbows but God forbid I'd do it by the book, so 6010 root w/7018 fill cover.
I know mines won't leak I should go to test at school. Didn't take any close up picks just a quirky for the woman at home to show her.
I just don't get it, really to expensive..... I go by hour, $160 - 1st 2 hrs, 60 hr after that.
This guy I got a whole $25.00 an hour 6 hours $150.00 (& wait for a check) but I just wanted to go try an get in on something else other sitting around home doing nothing waiting on more of my own work. Kind of a joke I thought, he claimed a bid $25000 labor, with the other people buying all the pipe connections what ever else he needed not knowing the bid process and all the shit it looked fair to me with what I saw if he had 2-3 guys steady with him. But it is what it is and cheap is cheap I think be claims he got other work and in NY, sorry I won't be going back!
Had some work with a guy owns an airport company, paving & bridge contractors and the locals. But thought I'd check this place out haven't been on here in quite a while.. Some picks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (256.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 11-22-2016, 05:35 AM

Location: Lower Saucon Hellertown PA (Behind the once famous Bethlehem Steel)

Livingston, and how do,you put multiple pictures on this damn site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (312.5 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Mark's Welding; 11-22-2016 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-22-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's Welding View Post
Did some work in north jersey yesterday, someone's building an old folks home up in Lovingston, think I was 1 of possibly 4-5 white guys there. All Spanish, no not prejudice just furious. Made a deal with man on the phone told him what I get got there 300ft of cable not long enough so I said hey take all these pcs and put them together the way you need and I'll just do THM on the back of my truck and you can just keep on going in here. Kind of a joke I though after words.
All new gas line pipe in building, it went in off 4" main, to 10" then varied thruout the building and I got some 4"-1" and bells and elbows but God forbid I'd do it by the book, so 6010 root w/7018 fill cover.
I know mines won't leak I should go to test at school. Didn't take any close up picks just a quirky for the woman at home to show her.
I just don't get it, really to expensive..... I go by hour, $160 - 1st 2 hrs, 60 hr after that.
This guy I got a whole $25.00 an hour 6 hours $150.00 (& wait for a check) but I just wanted to go try an get in on something else other sitting around home doing nothing waiting on more of my own work. Kind of a joke I thought, he claimed a bid $25000 labor, with the other people buying all the pipe connections what ever else he needed not knowing the bid process and all the shit it looked fair to me with what I saw if he had 2-3 guys steady with him. But it is what it is and cheap is cheap I think be claims he got other work and in NY, sorry I won't be going back!
Had some work with a guy owns an airport company, paving & bridge contractors and the locals. But thought I'd check this place out haven't been on here in quite a while.. Some picks
I'm really confused by this post, so what is "by the book"? There was no procedure you were given?

Did you only get $25/Hr and used your own rig? If that were the case I wouldn't have gotten out of the truck for that, I just cant understand the post sorry for the ignorance