Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 01-06-2018, 10:55 AM

Intro...

Well, Speedy said to do introduction....I would think this is a good place....

I am actually old member from 2009ish. My email changed and couldn't get in anything. Was pretty active on here for few years then we made life changes for our young teenage son at the time for Dad to be home. There were few things he was missing like teaching his son to weld, 4H, baseball... So, he in short version took job as welder/hot tap tech for natural gas company that came through our area. TBH he hated it lol.. Why it was more paper work, supervision, and meetings than field work. Although he was good at it he has need to weld...He is rig welder-pipeliner it's who he is, so after 5 years he went back to what he loves. This last year he has been pretty busy a few hours from home which is nice. It meant home most weekends if they were off, laundry stop to me, and if not I could load my 17, 3, and 1 year old for quick trip to Dad. Even if we only saw him for dinner after 14 hour day and left him with clean laundry. As family of pipeliner any time this close to home you appreciate every minute it was a blessing. My husband has traveled the ropes Utah, Colorado, NM, and clear to Mississippi. At one point during our adventures he wasn't able to come home for 8 months will not lie that was hard..... We will not complain about having work though. For me I am certified teacher who spent 10 years working as social worker in foster care. Three years ago we started fostering ourselves and long story short have two more children. I then became stay at home mom to accommodate kids and my husband's career. Part of being stay at home mom's job of rig welder is networking and job searching... at least for me. His career is more than him it's lifestyle a family commitment and operation. We wouldn't have all the blessing we have had with out him. Even my 17 year old is greatly influenced and this year he was asked by administration to be TA for welding teacher. He has his mind to hit road with his Dad soon as school ends. With the holidays we usually see projects come to close and there is this wait for new year project kick offs. We decided it was time to get active and out there. We tend to do this as a team he gets on the phone making his contacts and I tend to be more of the internet gal...Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but if you don't do anything you won't get anything..... So, that is big reason I got back on the forum. It helped us in the past and we even were able to help few others out.

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."-Sophia Loren
Old 01-07-2018, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Re: Intro...

Arizonawelderswife,

Thank you for the introduction and welcome back to the forum!
by the way, what was your old member name?

Speedy
Old 01-07-2018, 10:01 AM

Re: Intro...

I'm pretty sure it was same or similar.... I really just wanted to go back in, but a couple years ago had my email hacked so badly that I couldn't get into an email account I had for over 10 years... not such fun issue..

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."-Sophia Loren