Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Work

Old 03-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Welderwoman06

Re: Throwin it out there

Sounds like you've got a good start and your not willing to give up. From what I've observed, the market is pretty flooded at this point in time. Maybe go to that union meeting and see if that takes you anywhere?
I dunno where your working now but maybe just stay there until something better comes along or someone decides to take you on as a helper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhand View Post
Thanks welder woman, I also have a notebook...or notebook"s" of everybody that Iv'e met what they do who they are and so on, I;m a conscious man that knows what I want and will do everything possible to get there. TO WELDO.... thanks for your bit... I understand, what I am getting at is I don't personally know someone that will just take his buddy on a job, I do understand that nepotism reigns supreme, I have been plugging away for over a year and a half now, thats after working in a pipe shop for 2 years and going to school for 2 years and after working in numerous fab shops as a fitter/welder... do you understand that I am better than your buddy and your nephew. I don't want to try it out or just see if I like it and better yet you don't have to show me how the grasshopper lands on the fuckin tube, I get it. I reached out here because theres a lot of riggys doing what I want to be around. I would be better than the ditch hand that you have now. I can fit I am capable of most any weld and I desire doing this the right way. I just want to work for a reputable weldor and learn, and even more so that I can't even find a in to being a hand. I'll get there though and I appreciate the input.... and just to add I don't call I go, I drive down and show up calling has gotten me 0 fucks ever.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:29 AM

You got reliable transportation and a place to stay? We could talk if you do, PM me
Old 04-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhand View Post
Hey all, need a little help or advise. I have been a forum member for a couple months now and read/learn a ton of stuff on here. I have to say that I did not intend to become a member just to get work, but here she goes. I am in need of a helper/ ditch hand position with a reputable welder. I live in North East Texas and am willing to travel anywhere anytime. I am 30 years old, clean as a whistle, and will work my ass off rain or shine without whining. I most recently was working for a pipeline company on the permian doing maintenance work, and as a welder hand. I did go to a 2 year program at a tech school for welding, and worked in a couple fab shops and a pipe shop for a while welding pipe, so I am fully competent, and fairly proficient in Stick, TIG, and FCAW. I can read blueprints and Iso's, have a knowledge of most common weld symbols, read metric and standard tape, am pretty fair at fitting, and bevel pipe with beveler or with a grinder, i have oil pipeline and gas pipeline/distribution experience. I am looking for a welder to work for, for a while since I would like to weld pipeline one day, unfortunately I just don't know a lot of people in the business. I have been chasing rig welders down the highway to wherever there going and following pipe trucks to jobs to try and meet people but it has not gotten me far yet. I have a valid license, TWIC card, and OSHA is up to date, also have OQ's but I think there company owned. I have been knocking on every door that I know of and just can't seem to find it, so Im reaching out to you all here at rigwelder for help. I would make a good hand for someone, I keep my mouth shut, like to work hard and have a lot of learning to do. So if someone's looking for a hand please give me a shout.....Throw the dog a bone, bags are packed. Thanks.
You got reliable transportation? How about a place to stay, or money for a motel? Willing to travel to OK? If you answered yes to all those PM me and we can talk- AT