Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > General Welding Questions

Old 02-14-2018, 04:22 PM

SAE300 questions

got my hands on a sae300 new style (2012). What ocv's are yall running on these machines? its got good 88 brushes still on it just trying to fine tune and dial in. had a 250 that welded like a dream. and leave some comments on what experience yall have with these machines heard a lot of good.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: SAE300 questions

I also had a 2012 sae300 . The ocv's are on the face plate, I had mine for awhile always had problems with it was never consitant and mine seemed always underpower for running any big low hy's. Had mine checked out lots load banked even the rack turned never found it to run the way I like eventually sold it cut my losses. But that was just my machine think mine was built by a disgruntled employee before a long weekend.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:45 PM

Re: SAE300 questions

My SAE 300 was never great ethier. Welded ok, but wouldn't stack the iron the way I wanted. Made hundreds of good X-ray welds with it, but too much work to do it. Cut my losses also, sold to someone who wanted and went back to were I started 38 years ago- Lincoln Redface. None better -IMHO. AT- out

Tags
lincoln, pipeline, sae300