Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Rigwelder.com Community Support

Old 07-08-2016, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up 7 way for sae 300 w/arc force? Yes or no -and why

I have had a sae 300 since 2012 just paid off- welded perfect for years noticed it was really splatteryto soon find that the bearing was out which lead to a warranty fix - new rack and misc
This thing welds completely different as if I'm breaking in a new machine- I'm debating on installing the hybriweld 7way selector and the arc force kit - I figured the arc force kit could help tone this thing down without rolling the rack - this machine ocv/ rpms/ and amps are on the money -3600 hours and just payed off - it's either invest in upgrades make me trust agin or sell trade in for a new sae HE - what are your guys thoughts - I spoke with fowler about this and he said he has had a lot of people that came in and made this upgrade with the same complaint I'm having- said arc force kit was a must - and 7 way was mostly because people got tired of the guessing- thanks for your input
Old 07-08-2016, 07:30 PM

Re: 7 way for sae 300 w/arc force? Yes or no -and why

If you think the arc is harsh & wild check the OCV's and set em 3 to 5 below whats listed as maximum on the panel. Try to break in again & relearn the sweet spots on the continuous range selector & the voltage control. If not sucessful trade it. Maybe they fucked it up IDK.
7 way selector & arc force a must have for who???...you or hybriweld??? lmfao...a gauranteed disappointment to anyone thats truly mastered adusting a dual control continuous range machine.

Last edited by Charlie; 07-08-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:46 PM

You shouldn't need that 7 way selector with a dual continuous control look at the ocvs like Charlie said, how ya doin Charlie, was in your neck o the woods several weeks ago (Berlin oh) did a 4" double stop/chop real pretty country over there...
Old 07-08-2016, 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=JJH;38061]You shouldn't need that 7 way selector with a dual continuous control look at the ocvs like Charlie said, how ya doin Charlie, was in your neck o the woods several weeks ago (Berlin oh) did a 4" double stop/chop real pretty country over there...[/QUOTE]

Im healed up & doin good JJH...started at the MarkWest sphere tank farm in Cadiz today
Old 07-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: 7 way for sae 300 w/arc force? Yes or no -and why

Yeah I debated that myself for months now- when j bought it sucked like it does now because of the break in - I've put 650 hrs on it since the new rack and parts installed- local mechanic said a lot of dudes are putting 2 different size brushes in to make it a softer arc - never heard of this either - seemed to easy - I do understand the ocv I did lower the rpms a touch to 1725 in hopes for a result and it was worse- was told by Lincoln that these machines are meant to run exactly at its parameters- so I put it back and it was better - I debated rolling the rack but yet agin Lincoln said there's no need with the control/ spoke with fowler and he said that on some of the sae 300 first edition they didn't wrap the coils the same # wraps which makes some fluke - a lot of guys with this machine have been getting the work I mentioned done. Trade in would be good - but I just paid it off - and out here work slow not a lot of welders with money to throw at a machine
Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Post Re: 7 way for sae 300 w/arc force? Yes or no -and why

Also I can weld with the machine - it's just after welding with my 200 black face(first baby) that I keep in great running condition - dam thing welds like a beauty - then going to the sae300 -well you know big difference
Old 07-09-2016, 06:24 AM

I feel that some conventional motor generators of the same model are fucked up but then take that very same screwy machine & two different weldors. One is OK with it the other complains so IDK...

Last edited by Charlie; 07-09-2016 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:42 AM

Angry Re: 7 way for sae 300 w/arc force? Yes or no -and why

Your right - swapped for a couple rods with a co worker he couldn't stand and it looked worse than mine -
Old 07-09-2016, 06:53 AM

Im not a rigwelder anymore and cant be particular about my machines & it sucks but learning is occurring even after 40 years lmao
Old 07-09-2016, 07:20 AM

LOL got my pick of lawnmower welders & buzz boxes for x-ray work. Its like the amazing blaze of heatin ana beatin waledin svc on youtube says... if you got the nerve to call I got the gall to come

Last edited by Charlie; 07-09-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Tags
fowler, pipeline, redface rolling rack, sae 300, welder