Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Everything Else

Old 02-14-2018, 05:27 PM

Tires...Tires...and tires..

Want some opinions. Been looking for tires for the rig, 315/70/17 dodge dually 4wd. of course I don't really trust mileage reviews because our rigs weigh a good bit more than a normal vehicle. what tires have yall had best luck with for ROWs in Midland area and lasting on the highway? I've got hankook mt's that will be coming off and they wore pretty good (in my opinion) without rotating they'll get close or over 35000. If id have rotated I'm sure id have gotten 50 or so. at least the passenger side may still go this far. drop some comments and tell me what yall think. best bang for the buck, I don't wanna have to break the bank.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: Tires...Tires...and tires..

Either hankooks are tough as hell or Texas highways & lease roads are not.
Either way stick with them IMO.
It's Totally unheard of to get that kind of mileage out of tires in appalachia. Not even close
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 PM

I'm running Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 285 /70R 17 on my 2017 Dodge 3500 Cab and Chassis . They have a 55,000 mile rating and are real nice. They have seen snow and ice and plenty of mud but mostly highway . 12,500 miles on them now and 1 rotation . Priced @ 205.00 each. I will buy again
Old 02-17-2018, 07:52 AM

Haha @charlie yeah Iíd say Texas roads are pretty good just depends where you are. Compared to Oklahoma anyways. Anyone on here that knows what Iím talking about I run hwy 6 from east Texas to I20 just west of Eastland so it depends on where youíre at to how good the road it. Most of it is like a an FM road. @Weldo yeah Iíve been looking at those but a lot of people had mixed reviews so I was hesitant. Only thing I didnít like about the M/Ts were they dug. In mud thatís all right in sand in West Texas. Not so good. Be sitting on the axle in a min.

Tags
lincoln, rig truck, tires